Hiroshima Port & Harbor Administrating Center Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the Center) recognizes the importance and necessity of protecting personal information. In order to appropriately manage and protect personal information that is provided by our customers through business activities, the Center has established a policy for the protection of personal information, and has shared the details of this policy with its officers and employees. The Center will make active use of personal information provided by our customers in order to make improvements to its services.
Purposes for the Collection of Personal Information
It is not necessary for our customers to register personal information when accessing and browsing our website. However, in some cases it is necessary to register personal information in order to use the services provided on our website.
Personal information that is registered by our customers may be used in the following cases.
- - In order to develop better quality products and services that will delight our customers, and to receive feedback from our customers for such purposes
- - In order to develop new services and expand the content of our website, and to receive feedback from our customers for such purposes
- - In order to notify our customers of news and/or events regarding our website, products, and services
- - In order to deliver to our customers items that have been requested by our customers
- - In order to respond to inquiries from our customers
- - In order to provide the information necessary for acquiring documentation related to business orders
Note that the Center may provide customer information, in the form of statistical data that does not allow the identification of individuals, to affiliated companies both in Japan and overseas. In addition, we may disclose such customer information, in the form of statistical data that does not allow the identification of individuals, when required to do so for the disclosure of management information, statistical processing, academic research, and market research.
Access Log Files
The Center uses access log files to analyze usage trends on our website, manage our website, and collect a wide range of demographic information. This allows us to acquire statistical site usage information, such as pages visited, page dwell time, website visited immediately before accessing our site, trends in customer movement throughout our site, and information about browsers and operating systems. However, this is not used to collect information that would allow us to identify individuals.
Management and Sharing of Personal Information
In principle, the Center shall not provide customers' personal information collected on our website to a third party by any method other than that indicated in this privacy statement. However, customers' personal information may be disclosed in certain exceptional circumstances, such as when it can be reasonably determined that such disclosure is required as described below.
- - When the customers has agreed to said disclosure in advance
- - When said disclosure is required by law
- - When said disclosure is necessary in order to protect the life, health, and/or property of an individual, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of said individual
- - When said disclosure is necessary in order to improve public health or promote the healthy development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of related individuals
- - When we are required to cooperate with national authorities, local governments, and/or other parties that have been commissioned to carry out duties prescribed by law, and there is the possibility that obtaining the consent of related individuals would interfere with the execution of said duties
- - When we are required to respond to requests made by public agencies, to our company or parties involved with the operation of our website
If you have any other questions, or if the information provided above is not clear, please feel free to contact us at the following email address.
Technical and Administrative Measures Regarding the Protection of Personal Information
The Center has taken the following measures on our website to ensure the safe use of our customers' personal information and protect it from loss, theft, leakage, alteration, and/or corruption.
- - The Center shall make every effort to prevent the loss, theft, leakage, alteration, and/or corruption of our customers' personal information due to hacking or similar behavior and/or computer viruses.
- - The Center shall make regular backups of information and use the latest anti-viruses software in order to prevent the loss, theft, leakage, alteration, and/or corruption of our customers' personal information.
Issues, Complaints, and/or Objections Regarding Privacy
If you believe that personal information is not being handled as stated in the privacy statement published on this website, please inform us of your concerns via email (Contact us). After confirming the content of your concerns, we will respond by email and make every effort to take the appropriate steps.
Inquiries Regarding Our Privacy Statement
We welcome any comments or feedback you have regarding our Privacy Statement.
Hiroshima Port & Harbor Administrating Center Co., Ltd.
1-13-13 Ujina Kaigan, Minami-ku, Hiroshima-shi 734-0011